Blueberry Sauce recipe – 144 calories
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon Splenda granular or sugar
2 tablespoons cold water
1. Put the blueberries in a pot over low to medium heat (do not add water – there will be enough liquid from the thawing of the berries!).
2. The sauce will be quite tart; if you want it sweeter, add more Splenda or sugar.
3. Stir the Splenda or sugar into the berries; cook stirring for about 5 minutes (until the berries are thawed and the Splenda dissolved).
4. Whisk together the cold water and the cornstarch until smooth; add the mixture to the berries and simmer, stirring, for about 5 minutes (until thickened).
5. Use as a topping for anything you wish.
Servings: 1 1/2 cups
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 1
Total fat: 0.2g
Total carbs: 38.5g
Photo credit: Derf