Tom Yum (Spicy Thai Soup) recipe – 143 calories
1 lb shrimp or chicken, cut up
1 1/2 cups mushroom, sliced
1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
4-5 tablespoons fish sauce
4-5 kaffir lime leaf
2 tablespoons red chili pepper (or to taste), freshly ground
7-8 tablespoons lime juice
1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon chili paste, in soy bean oil
3 cups water
1. In a medium saucepan, pour the water and place over high head on stove; bring to a boil and add the kaffir lime leaves and lemon grass; cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Reduce the heat to low, add the fish sauce, chili paste in soy bean oil, fresh ground red chili and lime juice.
3. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes; cook for several minutes.
4. Add the shrimp or chicken; turn the heat to high (do not stir).
5. When the shrimp or chicken is cooked, continue to cook for about 2 more minutes.
6. Serve with hot rice.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 19
Total fat: 2.1g
Total carbs: 5.7g