Seedy Muesli Bars recipe – 176 calories
1 cup rolled oat
1/2 cup sesame seed
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup wheat germ or wheat bran
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup sultana
1/2 cup honey
125 g butter (1/2 cup)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1. Grease and line a deep baking pan with baking paper.
2. In a frying pan, cook the oats, wheat germ, coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds over medium heat, stirring, for about 8-10 minutes (until golden).
3. Place the seeds in a large bowl to cool, and stir in sultanas.
4. Cook the butter, sugar and honey over medium heat, stirring, for about 3-4 minutes (until the sugar dissolves); reduce the heat to low and simmer (without stirring) for about 7 minute.
5. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Spoon into the baking pan and press down firmly.
7. Allow to set for a few hours in the refrigerator, then cut into slices and serve.
Servings: 24 slices
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 89
Total fat: 10g
Total carbs: 21g
Photo credit: Thorsten