Chicken Tikka recipe – 98 calories
boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups plain natural yoghurt
4 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the chicken; refrigerate overnight.
2. Add the chicken breasts, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes, to marinate in afore-mentioned bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Bring the chicken to room temperature and skewer on bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes).
5. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 20-35 minutes.
6. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, you can drizzle 3 tablespoons of butter over the chicken (optional).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 41
Total fat: 4.6g
Total carbs: 10.6g
Photo credit: Sylvie