Szechuan Broccoli and Cauliflower recipe – 54 calories
3 cups broccoli florets
3 cups cauliflower florets
1 carrot, scrubbed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon chili paste
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon water
1. Place the broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer basket over boiling salted water.
2. Boil for approximately 5 minutes (until crisp-tender).
3. In a small dish, combine the chili paste, oyster sauce and water; set aside.
4. In a heavy wok or skillet, warm the olive oil, and add the minced garlic and ginger.
5. Saute for about 30 seconds (taking care not to allow the garlic to brown).
6. Add the carrot and saute for another 1 minute, then add the steamed cauliflower and broccoli.
7. Toss and stir for about 2 minutes.
8. Pour in the oyster sauce mixture, stirring well to evenly distribute; warm the mixture for about 1 minute.
9. Remove from heat and stir in the sliced green onion.
10. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 22
Total fat: 2.5g
Total carbs: 7.3g
Photo credit: Derf