Korean Mushroom Kebabs recipe – 158 calories
12 ounces large white mushrooms, cleaned, cut in 1/2-inch slices
2 medium green peppers, deseeded, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
2 bunches large green onions, white parts cut in 1/2-inch pieces, chop1/4 cup of the green parts & set aside
4-6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup lite soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least an hour
1. Alternately thread the mushrooms, green peppers and green onions on the skewers (thread the mushrooms and peppers so they will lay flat on the grill).
2. Place the skewers in one layer in a snug flat dish.
3. Mix together the soy sauce, garlic, oil, sugar, black pepper and 1 tablespoon of the sesame seeds.
4. Pour the marinade over the skewered mushrooms; flip the skewers so both sides are well coated. Cover and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes – 2 hours, turning them once.
5. Preheat the grill or broiler to high.
6. Grill or broil the skewers, brushing them with the marinade, for about 3-5 minutes on each side (until browned).
7. Just before serving, sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds and chopped green onions. Serve hot.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 55
Total fat: 6.2g
Total carbs: 22.6g
Photo credit: Bergy