Banana Pecan Biscotti recipe – 71 calories
1 banana, mashed
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and salt, and stir together.
4. In another bowl, combine the banana, egg, oil and vanilla.
5. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ones along with pecans; stir well together.
6. Flour a board and turn the dough out onto it. Form two 8-inch logs. Put onto the cookie sheet and pat down to 1/2 inch thickness.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 23 minutes; turn the oven down to 250 degrees F.
8. Remove the logs from the cookie sheet and cool for about 10 minutes, then cut them into 1/2 inch slices and bake for 15 minutes at 250 degrees F.
9. Turn the biscotti over and bake for another 15 minutes (when you get them out, the biscotti will still be soft; they will harden as they cool).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 17
Total fat: 2g
Total carbs: 12.1g
Photo credit: Mary Winecoff