Salmon and Asparagus in Foil recipe – 193 calories
1 lb asparagus
4 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
1 fresh lemon
lemon wedges (to garnish)
4 sheets aluminum foil, to wrap (12-inch by 18-inch)
salt (to taste)
black pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Snap the ends off the asparagus spears (they will break where tender) and divide into 4 equal portions.
3. Spray the center of each foil sheet with some non-stick cooking spray.
4. Place one salmon fillet in the center of each sheet, top with a serving of asparagus and drizzle with lemon juice.
5. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and salt (to taste).
6. Bring up the sides of foil and fold the top over twice.
7. Seal the ends, leaving room for air to circulate inside the packet.
8. Place the packets on a cookie sheet and cook in the oven for about 15 to 18 minutes (or until the salmon becomes opaque).
9. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 46
Total fat: 5.2g
Total carbs: 7.6g
Photo credit: NcMysteryShopper