Azumaya Egg Rolls recipe – 148 calories
20 large square egg roll wraps
1 lb ground beef (or ground pork or ground chicken)
2 cups of finely chopped cabbage
3 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup of shredded carrots
1/4 lb bean sprouts
1 teaspoon of minced ginger
vegetable oil (for frying)
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
black pepper (to taste)
sweet and sour sauce
1. In a wide skillet, stir-fry the meat and ginger over high heat for about 2-3 minutes (untily lightly browned).
2. Add the cabbage, green onions, bean sprouts and carrot; cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the oyster sauce and season to taste with black pepper.
4. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool.
5. Use 2 tablespoons for each egg roll.
6. To wrap: place the filling diagonally on the wrapper, fold the corner over the filling, roll roughly half-way to cover the filling, fold up both sides roughly against the filling; moisten the ends of last flap with water, roll over flap to seal; lay flap side down until ready to cook.
7. Deep fry them in oil (in a wok or skillet over the stove) for about 2-3 minutes (until golden brown), turning occasionally.
8. Drain on paper towels.
9. Serve warm with sweet and sour sauce.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 35
Total fat: 3.9g
Total carbs: 19.9g
Photo credit: cookiedog