Thai Green Vegetable Curry recipe – 174 calories
200 g green beans
1 head broccoli
200 g snow peas
1 sweet potato, cubed
1 zucchini, sliced
100 g baby corn
2 green chili peppers, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
165 ml coconut milk
1 bunch coriander, chopped
1 bunch basil, chopped
1 tablespoon freshly minced or grated ginger
1 teaspoon lemongrass, sliced
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1. In a blender, combine the coconut milk, garlic, chili peppers, basil, coriander and ginger (you may need to add 1/2 cup of water, or more coconut milk if you want it very creamy).
2. Blend until very smooth.
3. In a pan, combine the sweet potato and onion with the herb/coconut mixture.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sweet potato has softened a little.
5. Add the baby corn and zucchini, and cook for about 10 minutes.
6. Add the green beans, broccoli and snow peas, and season to taste.
7. Cook until the greens are bright green (about 4 minutes).
8. Serve over rice.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 58
Total fat: 6.5g
Total carbs: 26.6g
Photo credit: Sharon123