Sushi Poppers recipe – 52 calories
1 cup freshly cooked short-grain rice
3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds or black sesame seeds
1/4 lb fresh small shrimp
1 large ripe mango
1 (7 1/2ounce) can of solid tuna in water
1/2 cup smoked salmon, chopped small
1 small fresh cucumber
1. In a large shallow dish, spread the cooked rice and sprinkle with seasoned rice vinegar and sesame seeds.
2. Using a wooden spoon, toss gently to combine (do not stir, or the rice will clump).
3. Keep the rice covered with a damp cloth if not using immediately.
4. Using your wet fingers, place a rounded teaspoonful of rice in the palm of your hand and roll into a ball.
5. Make an indentation in the center with your finger.
6. Place the desired filling of your choice in the indentation.
7. Dip your fingers into water and pack the rice firmly around the filling, to make a small ball.
8. Repeat with the remaining rice and the filling of your choice.
9. Sprinkle each popper with toasted sesame seeds and a dot of wasabi paste; place on a platter.
10. Cover with plastic wrap and keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 8
Total fat: 0.9g
Total carbs: 7.3g
Photo credit: Bergy