German Cabbage Soup recipe – 170 calories
1 small cabbage, chopped
4 slices bacon
6 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups diced potatoes
1/2 cup minced onions
sour cream (for garnish)
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1. Put the chopped cabbage and the broth in the crock pot, on high; simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
2. In a sauté pan, cook the bacon slices until crisp; remove, chop roughly, and set aside.
3. Sauté the onion in the bacon drippings until soft.
4. Add the chopped bacon, onion, potato, salt and pepper to the crock pot.
5. Cook on high for an additional 1 to 1 1/2 hours hours (until the cabbage reaches the texture you prefer).
6. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 75
Total fat: 8.4g
Total carbs: 15.6g
Photo credit: Julesong