Green Chile Wontons With Pineapple Salsa recipe – 152 calories
1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 medium fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and diced (or 1 can pineapple chunks, drained and diced)
1/4 cup red bell peppers, diced
2-3 green onions, diced
1/4 cup red onions, diced
1/4 lb Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/4 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
24 egg roll wraps, each 2 x 2 inches
3-4 long green chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
1-2 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
vegetable oil (for deep frying)
flour (for dusting)
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the salsa ingredients.
2. Stir in to blend them together, cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the two types of cheese, chilies, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin; toss gently.
4. Place the egg roll skins on a clean surface or cutting board.
5. Lightly wet the edges with a small amount of water, and place a heaping teaspoon of the cheese filling at the center of each skin.
6. Fold into a triangle, dampen the edges, and press them together.
7. Dust with flour and deep fry in 3 inches of hot oil until golden brown.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 31
Total fat: 3.5g
Total carbs: 24.6g
Photo credit: Sharon123