Spicy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe – 159 calories
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla; beat until smooth and light.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
4. Gradually mix into wet ingredients. beat until they are combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips until combined.
6. Scoop cookies into 2-inch balls and place them on cookie sheets.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes (until lightly golden).
8. Let the cookies cool slightly for a few minutes, then remove from them from the cookie sheets and transfer to a wire rack until they cool completely.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 74
Total fat: 8.3g
Total carbs: 21.2g
Photo credit: Sharlene~W
Tags: spicy chocolate chip cookies