Fish Tacos recipe – 136 calories
1 lb halibut fillets, skin removed (or another white fish fillets of your choice)
10 corn tortillas, warmed
1/4 green cabbage
1/4 cup chopped English cucumbers
1/4 cup chopped white onions
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lime, juice of
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut the cabbage into long, thin strips; add the onion, cucumber and cilantro.
2. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the top and toss; add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Let the cabbage slaw sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
5. Heat a non-stick oven proof pan over medium heat, add olive oil.
6. Add the halibut fillets and brown on one side, turn them over and put the pan in the oven for about 10-15 minutes (until the halibut is flaky and cooked through).
7. Flake the cooked halibut fillets into a bowl, mix with the cabbage slaw, guacamole and salsa, and serve with warmed corn tortillas.
Servings: 10 tacos
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 30
Total fat: 3.4g
Total carbs: 12.8g