Whole Wheat Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe – 131 calories
1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 large eggs
3/4 cup butter or shortening
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Use a mixer to beat butter/shortening in a large mixing bowl; add sugars, baking powder and baking soda, and blend well.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing until combined.
4. Finally, mix in the flour, and gradually add the oatmeal and lastly the chocolate chips.
5. If the mixture forms individual dry clumps, try adding a little water.
6. Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls, and place about 2-inches apart on a cookie sheet.
7. Bake for about 10-12 minutes (until the tops are brown).
8. Let sit for several minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 53
Total fat: 5.9g
Total carbs: 19g